The good news is that the State Board of Education has approved Model School Library Standards -- blueprints for strong school libraries.
The not-so-good news is that there is no funding or promotional dollars to accompany the Standards. The new Standards need to be promoted in several ways:
- School Boards and the School Boards Association. Members and CSBA should do the research, create an action agenda, and recognize school districts that embrace the Model School Library Standards.
- People-power. This includes social networking, word-of-mouth, conference presentations and exhibit booths. You get the idea. This costs time, but is well-worth the investment.
- Traditional marketing and advertising. Think billboards, advertising on buses and BART, public service announcements and videos. This costs money. Please donate expertise and dollars to the California School Library Foundation.
- Donate directly to the Campaign - CLICK HERE.
- Become a FRIEND member of the California School Library Association. ($45/year)
- Show your support. Visit and buy items in the Campaign Gift Shop.